Why My Backyard Fence?

When I was a child, neighbors would visit with one another over their backyard fences. There would be a fence on either side and one in the back. These fences were not barriers to keep others out, but rather a means to define one's property. Sharing with a neighbor a smile or perhaps a story, or even a piece of pie was not uncommon. I love people and hope to bring joy and encouragement to my Friends and Neighbors over "MyBackyardFence." And, yes, I now live in the Oregon Outback. Beautiful place.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Sound

Over a year before I started blogging, I would send My Backyard Fence out as an email to a specific group of people... now I am enjoying touching more lives with what I hear the Spirit saying. Here is a post from January of this year... hope you enjoy.

Have you ever been so excited you could hardly contain yourself? That is what is happening to me at the moment of this writing. The reason? I just read a fascinating article about a new and mysterious “sound” coming from space. The scientists can’t figure it out. As I read the article, I was overcome by the Spirit and was actually weeping tears of joy! Our Lord is coming! What came to me was the word the Lord has been speaking regarding a “new song”. I have been having intermittent mini-visions I will call them for lack of a better definition, of that "song". I wrote before of how we are that song and of the fact that we, as individual notes, are written on the “staff”, who is the Lord himself. I have been seeing that staff as it ribbons its way through our cities; our rural areas; our towns; our cities; our countries; our world. It is awesome beyond explanation. It is a love song without measure. It is graceful love. God is the master conductor; the master composer; the master musician; the master vocalist. I can’t even begin, with my limited vocabulary, to express what I am feeling inside. I want to spread the excitement and enthusiasm as a huge blanket across the hearts of all my brothers and sisters in Christ. Of all people, we hold the promise of eternity; the hope of glory. I want to position myself on that “staff” exactly where God wants me and even as I express that hope, he reminds me that he has and is positioning us exactly where he wants us. “The steps of a good man/woman are directed by the Lord.” He promises to position us. The last verse in Hebrews chapter 9 tells us that “He will come a second time, not to offer himself for sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.” Not only that but at some point, “Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment