Why My Backyard Fence?

When I was a child, neighbors would visit with one another over their backyard fences. There would be a fence on either side and one in the back. These fences were not barriers to keep others out, but rather a means to define one's property. Sharing with a neighbor a smile or perhaps a story, or even a piece of pie was not uncommon. I love people and hope to bring joy and encouragement to my Friends and Neighbors over "MyBackyardFence." And, yes, I now live in the Oregon Outback. Beautiful place.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stand in Awe

I love to memorize Scripture. I began doing it as a new Christian. We used to have Scripture quoting "contests" during Sunday morning services. It was a wonderful way to get the Word in our hearts and lift our Faith level. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God", Romans 10:17. Recently I memorized Hebrews 12:28 and 29, "Therefore, since we are receiving a Kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us be thankful and so worship God acceptably with reverence and AWE, for our God is a comsuming fire." Everything around us can be shaken, life can be turned upside down literaly as we know, but the Kingdom we belong to which is not of this world, can never be. It is solid and unmoveable because the King is solid and unmoveable. "He is the same yesterday, today and forever" Hebrews 13:8. I woke up singing, "I stand, I stand in awe of you. I stand I stand in awe of you. Holy God to whom all praise is due, I stand in awe of you." Let us fix our eyes on Jesus today and not on our circumstances and let him AWE us as we watch what he does in our lives and in behalf of those we love. What a wonderful, AWESOME God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment