Why My Backyard Fence?

When I was a child, neighbors would visit with one another over their backyard fences. There would be a fence on either side and one in the back. These fences were not barriers to keep others out, but rather a means to define one's property. Sharing with a neighbor a smile or perhaps a story, or even a piece of pie was not uncommon. I love people and hope to bring joy and encouragement to my Friends and Neighbors over "MyBackyardFence." And, yes, I now live in the Oregon Outback. Beautiful place.

Thursday, June 20, 2019

LIFT UP YOUR HEAD AND DO VALIANTLY

To "do valiantly" means to "do with courage and determination". Romans 12:3 tells us: "For by the grace given to me I (Paul) say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned." He goes on to basically talk about recognizing your gifts to and in the Body of Christ. In other words... recognize what and how God has made you. You were made for a purpose! To build up the Body of Christ and be a witness to the world of who God is and that through him and believing in his son Jesus one can have eternal life. The enemy of our soul has a goal to ruin God's plan for us. The more he can disgrace and degrade us the happier he is in his sinister way. Last time I wrote to you about the woman who reached out and touched the hem of Jesus garment. She had dealt with an embarrassing infirmity for over a decade. You can describe her as either timid or bold. It depends upon how you look at the testimony. However, what stands out is the fact that she was "determined" to reach out and touch Jesus. The result, "Daughter, you faith has made you well, go in peace, and be healed of your disease." No doubt she didn't keep this to herself. This probably snowballed into the spreading of the truth about Jesus to those in her sphere of influence. So many things come against us in this life. I narrow it down to three forces: the Devil, the World and Self. The three work together a lot of times. Satan is the "god of this World" so naturally he is going to work through it and feed our "self" with all the lies he can conger up. And, frankly, they are never new. They have repeated throughout the ages. Our "self" has been called to greatness through the regeneration process or being "Born Again" through Christ Jesus. We who were earthly are now heavenly, God, "...raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus..." Ephesians 2:6. Once you are his, you are a new creation. Everything has changed. You are being created in his very likeness! Talk about greatness! As you walk with him you recognize your purpose. You can determine to not be beat down any longer by the "three forces". You can determine to be what you were made to be. It is like Proverbs 22:6 tells us. When training up a child, you not only train him or her in the ways of God but according to their particular "bent" as well. God does that with us. As a child, I had no training that way. Any encouragement I might have had was more according to what someone else thought I should do and be. I use the example about the time as a young girl, my stepmother wanted my brother and sister and I to take dance lessons. So, brother and sister got to take tap and I was to be her little ballerina. Well, for one thing, I was about as limber as a stick and as graceful as an ox. I loved the sounds the taps on those shiny little shoes made as they hit the floor. I knew I had rhythm. I believed I was a natural tap dancer! However, in her mind she saw me as she wanted me to be. Graceful and flowing and flitting around like Tinkerbell. That was just the way she pictured me. I am sure she loved me but she didn't understand God's ways nor seek him at that time. So, back to Romans 12, God knows exactly how he has designed us and for what purpose. Once you recognize what that is and ask him to "create" in you. He promises to complete the work. In the last days, which we are now in, the enemy wants to degrade us... bring us down to his disgusting level in any way he can. My husband and I like to watch the Cops shows on TV. It breaks my heart to see what sin can do to God's precious creations. The degradation is unbelievable. "Sin will take you farther than you wanted to go, keep you there longer than you wanted to stay, and cost more than you wanted to pay." So sad; so true. We need to be bold enough to stand up and say "No!" 2 Timothy 3 tells us all about what Godlessness will look like in the last days. It will be all about the Devil, the World and Self or "Selfishness" brought on by not walking in the courage and determination God has given us. He commanded Joshua and the same command is for us today: "...Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." We are not to be like the "silly women (or men) laden with sins and led astray..." 2 Timothy 3:6. Our Father, Creator has greatness in store for us. He is just waiting to release us in our calling and gifting. When he does, we need to do it with all our hearts unto the Lord knowing it is him in us and it is for his purposes and glory. We can move forth "valiantly" recognizing we do not have to apologize for being who he has made us to be. There is nothing quite as exciting as watching someone move in complete confidence in the freedom of the Spirit of God. If God is with you, spread your wings and fly like the eagle. Don't hold back. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear (timidity) but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7 Step out and let God take care of the details! 

No comments:

Post a Comment