Why My Backyard Fence?

When I was a child, neighbors would visit with one another over their backyard fences. There would be a fence on either side and one in the back. These fences were not barriers to keep others out, but rather a means to define one's property. Sharing with a neighbor a smile or perhaps a story, or even a piece of pie was not uncommon. I love people and hope to bring joy and encouragement to my Friends and Neighbors over "MyBackyardFence." And, yes, I now live in the Oregon Outback. Beautiful place.

Monday, June 27, 2016

AFTER ALL, IT IS A SMALL WORLD

It is pretty crazy when you call your internet service from Oregon and the customer service representative is in the Philippines. As I was conversing with the rep, I started  thinking about what a small world it seems to be at times. I am not, of course, talking about the size of the earth compared to the known universe. I am talking about how circumstances seem to connect in ways that can appear to be almost mystical. The truth of the matter is that in the enormous, infinite mind and hands of God, our Creator, the earth/world is contained. "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof; the world and they that dwell therein." Psalm 24:1.  It is, in fact, divinely contained. It exists between the borders that God himself allows and is protected within those borders from any surprise attacks. "I (wisdom or Jesus) was there when he (God the Creator) set the limits of the sea so that they would not spread beyond their boundaries, and when he marked off the earth's foundations..." Proverbs 8:29. These are, for the world, extremely troubling times. I don't care who tells you differently. Unless they are living in a self inclusive bubble, everyone who is of an accountable age with a somewhat sound mind is concerned with the state of the world and the universe for that matter. As for me, I take these "small world" incidences as a continual reminder that someone much greater and much more capable and with ultimate authority is in charge and in control of EVERYTHING! However, I am also of the belief, according to my Faith in the Word of God, the Bible, that I have the privilege of giving input into the whole scope of things. Because of the fact I am a Born Again Child of God through the atoning Blood of Jesus Christ and redeemed for Eternity  I can take part in the "plan" through the Power of the Holy Spirit in me and Prayer. "If my people (the Church of which Jesus is the Head) who are called by my name (the Name above all other Names containing all power and authority) will humble themselves (admit they don't have all the answers and are weak without his power) and pray (earnestly and fervently) and seek my face (hunger and thirst for his affirmation not that of man) and turn from their wicked ways (repent of taking things into your own hands and rejecting God's ways), then will I hear from Heaven and forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14. The promise is there. But.... and I say but because there will come a time when all our efforts and all our prayers and all our longings will be set aside for the FINAL outcome of the things of this earth to play out. It will be the final "home run", the final "carrying of the baton" over the finish line, the last day of the "small world" existence. According to 2 Peter 3:10 "The day of the Lord will come like a thief (no one knows exactly when) and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed." How shall we now live? "For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and so we will always be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:16 & 17. I personally am encouraged and would encourage you, my Readers, be you friends, family, acquaintances or distant bloggers to be encouraged because all you have to do is believe, trust, rest and at the same time take hold of the only one, Jesus Christ who has made it all possible to be transported off this "small world" and into the Heavenly Home that awaits us for he went to  "Prepare a place for us and will come back to get us and take us to be with him" John 14. Believe trust in, rely on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved." He does exist and he is going to show up on the scene before we know it. I remember the childhood game of tag..."READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment