Why My Backyard Fence?

When I was a child, neighbors would visit with one another over their backyard fences. There would be a fence on either side and one in the back. These fences were not barriers to keep others out, but rather a means to define one's property. Sharing with a neighbor a smile or perhaps a story, or even a piece of pie was not uncommon. I love people and hope to bring joy and encouragement to my Friends and Neighbors over "MyBackyardFence." And, yes, I now live in the Oregon Outback. Beautiful place.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

His Love Endures Forever

Contemplating a Thanksgiving Blog Post, the contents of Psalm 136 came to mind. I had to enlist the aid of my sister, a wonderful Bible Teacher, to lead me to the address. I knew it was a Psalm and I knew the general vicinity. Of course, this gave us a chance to talk about Jesus! Our favorite subject of conversation! The words that kept echoing through my mind were, "His Love Endures Forever". These words contain the most valuable possession of my life. Yes, I possess Jesus within my entire being. Jesus, as a man, was God incarnate and GOD is LOVE. Jesus, who is God, sent His Spirit, who is God, to dwell within me. I POSSESS LOVE! It is that LOVE, that infinite; unending; universal; forever; all encompassing; all comforting; all strengthening; all consuming; all forgiving; all merciful; all understanding; eternal LOVE that I am most grateful for on this Thanksgiving Eve and every day thereafter. We love Him because He first loved us. He drew us, he wooed us, he wanted us to be with him FOREVER! "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment