Why My Backyard Fence?

When I was a child, neighbors would visit with one another over their backyard fences. There would be a fence on either side and one in the back. These fences were not barriers to keep others out, but rather a means to define one's property. Sharing with a neighbor a smile or perhaps a story, or even a piece of pie was not uncommon. I love people and hope to bring joy and encouragement to my Friends and Neighbors over "MyBackyardFence." And, yes, I now live in the Oregon Outback. Beautiful place.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

ALL Again?

Well, here's that word "all" again. Colossians 3:23 & 24. "Whatever you do, work at it with All your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Doing everything whole heartily is the same as putting your whole heart into something. How do we do that without becoming completely exhausted. Paul writes in the last verse of Chapter 12 of I Corinthians, "And now I will show you the most excellent way". That statement leads us into the "Love" chapter of Corinthians. Everything we do as God's children is measured by Love. Love toward Him; love toward one another; love toward our families; love toward the world. The world's attitude many times is to do a half hearted job and receive an instant reward with no regard for the benefit of others. As we daily surrender our lives to Jesus, becoming living sacrifices, he is able to Love through us and give us the desire and ability to "do the good works" he spoke of and "glorify our Father who is in Heaven." Instead of exhausting us, it becomes a pleasure and part of our nature as we take on His nature as we are daily being filled with the Spirit through Relationship and the Word. What is unnatural for the world is natural for us because of Jesus.
"Father, this new day I again give you ALL my heart. Be glorified through me so others will be drawn to you and your goodness, graciousness and kindness. Let your Love flow through every thing I do and say. I want the world to know your Love, sent through your Son, Jesus, my Savior. Let them see you through me. Let me be an example of True Love. Your Grace is sufficient for me to accomplish this. I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment