Why My Backyard Fence?

When I was a child, neighbors would visit with one another over their backyard fences. There would be a fence on either side and one in the back. These fences were not barriers to keep others out, but rather a means to define one's property. Sharing with a neighbor a smile or perhaps a story, or even a piece of pie was not uncommon. I love people and hope to bring joy and encouragement to my Friends and Neighbors over "MyBackyardFence." And, yes, I now live in the Oregon Outback. Beautiful place.

Friday, November 20, 2015

TUNE IN; LOOK UP; LISTEN UP

The other night I was looking through some boxes I have yet to unpack since moving to my new, temporary, home. I will elaborate on the "temporary" later in this post. As I was rummaging through the items, I discovered a long forgotten Walkman. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a forerunner of the Ipod. It is an am/fm radio that you use headphones with. I used to use it when I was running. My find was met with a bit of skepticism due to the fact that the Walkman was a gift from 1994. I wasn't sure if it would still operate. I placed the double A battery inside and sure enough, sound emerged! I was amazed at all the am stations available. There were so many, in fact, that I was only able to tune in to a couple. The others were jumbled and indistinguishable. It was a bit overwhelming trying to find a clear signal. Once I did, the first thing I heard was Breaking News about the attack on Paris. This made me ask the question, "What are we tuned into?" Maybe we are not tuned into anything. Perhaps we are just going through life in neutral, floating along with no purpose or power. Tuning in brought my attention to heart breaking news and from that, I was compelled to "look up" to the only place that provides hope in the midst of devastating news. "To you I lift up my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens! Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the Lord our God, til he has mercy upon us." That mercy was given in the form of God becoming man through our Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of Souls, who died on the cross and rose from the grave and is at the right hand of the throne of God. So, I look up. Not around, not down, not over, but UP. There is so much chaos, confusion, distortion, mumbo jumbo that without looking to the Author and Finisher of our Faith, we face the possibility of crumbling under  the load; breaking down mentally, emotionally, physically and or spiritually. Through the Word of God (Bible) and Prayer (aided by the Holy Spirit), we can "tune in" to a clear and concise signal of Truth that will set us Free to walk a path of Hope-Filled Victory knowing our final destination is the total and complete Salvation of our Souls and a guaranteed home in Heaven for Eternity. Therefore, with that in mind we have the ability to "listen up". For what are we listening? "For the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven with a SHOUT, with the VOICE of the Archangel and the TRUMPET of God." He is coming back for those who are watching, waiting and looking. For those who have, by Faith, put their lives in the hands of a Grace-filled God who tells us to BELIEVE in the name of His Son Jesus Christ... the only way to know, connect with God and live forever in His presence... in peace, joy, happiness; tearless,  painless, fearless. He is crying out by His Spirit; pleading to those who would TUNE IN, LOOK UP; LISTEN UP! God has provided deliverance! He has provided the straight and narrow way and given us the forward momentum to walk, run, climb to the TOP! As we take hold of the Victory that is ours, we can be that Signal, Beacon, Light, Voice for others. We can give them hope in the darkness and help lift them above the death that the kingdom of darkness and the kingdom of this world offers. "He brought me (us) out of the kingdom of darkness and into HIS MARVELOUS LIGHT, I'm on the ROCK OF SALVATION. I'll fear NOT day or night." When you have Christ, you have the Keys.... Pass those keys around every chance you have! Joining you each day as we Follow the One who knows the WAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment